West California Academy of Art and Design (WCAAD) is providing Fundamentals of Cartoon/Anime courses for students aged 9+. Seats are limited. Sign up now!
Cartoon/Anime are art forms characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic themes.
Course Overview: The instructor will guide students through the creative process of Cartoon/Anime design, providing an interactive and learning platform for those passionate about Cartoon/Anime. By introducing prominent Cartoon/Anime artists and classic works, this course will not only help students gain a deep understanding of the development of Cartoon/Anime but also inspire unique insights into art and culture.
Furthermore, the course will explore the international influence of
Cartoon/Anime culture, guiding students to appreciate the uniqueness among different cultures.
Tools and Materials: iPad + Apple Pencil; Sketchbook + Drawing Tools
Studying Cartoon/Anime provides students with numerous beneficial skills and experiences, while also fostering a range of cognitive and creative abilities.
1. Cultivation of Creativity: Cartoon/Anime is a art form of creativity and imagination. Learning Cartoon/Anime can inspire students' creativity, helping them develop unique artistic and storytelling abilities. 2. Improvement of Drawing Skills: Cartoon/Anime involves rich character design, scene illustration, and dynamic expression. By studying Cartoon/Anime, students can enhance their drawing skills including character, color and composition.
2. Team Collaboration and Communication: In Cartoon/Anime production, collaboration with other artists, writers, voice actors, and other professionals is often required. Participation in Cartoon/Anime class allows students to cultivate teamwork skills and learn to communicate effectively with others.
3. Cultural Understanding: Cartoon/Anime typically reflects elements of various cultures. Students can gain a deeper understanding of diverse cultures, broadening their perspectives.
4. Application of Digital Technology: With the development of digital technology, Cartoon/Anime production increasingly relies on computer software and digital tools. Students can master digital drawing software and technology, enhancing their digital creative abilities.
5. Career Development Opportunities: Learning Cartoon/Anime provides a foundation for students to pursue careers in art and creativity. The Cartoon/Anime industry includes fields such as character design, animation production, and manga creation, allowing students to choose a career direction based on their interests and skills.
6. Entertainment and Relaxation: Cartoon/Anime, as a form of entertainment, offers students a relaxed and enjoyable learning experience. By appreciating various styles of Cartoon/Anime, students can derive pleasure from it while also gaining interesting knowledge.
In summary, Cartoon/Anime is not only a form of artistic creation but also a
comprehensive learning experience that cultivates students' overall competence and creative thinking.
Students will learn----
In-Depth Historical Overview: Guide students to understand the development of the Cartoon/Anime industry, analyzing styles and trends in different periods.
Artist Case Studies: Encourage students to select a Cartoon/Anime artist for
in-depth analysis, sharing their style, influence, and creative philosophy.
2. Cartoon/Anime Character Drawing Techniques:
Facial Expressions Drawing: Guide students in expressing character
emotions to enhance vividness.
Body Drawing Techniques: Explain body proportions, postures, and use of line in character design.
Representation of Age, Gender, and Body Types: Analyze key points in
designing cartoon/anime characters of different ages, genders, and body types.
3. Hairstyles, Clothing, and Color:
Design Challenge: Provide a real scenario and ask students to design a
unique character, including hairstyles, clothing, and color schemes.
Feedback and Sharing: Students share their designs, providing feedback
and engaging in discussions.
4. Scene Drawing Techniques:
Perspective and Composition Practice: Provide simple scene
requirements for students to apply knowledge of perspective and
composition in their drawings.
Creative Scene Design: Encourage students to think creatively and
illustrate an original cartoon/anime scene.
5. Drawing Software Application:
Hands-On Practice: Demonstrate basic operations of different drawing
software and allow students to practice.
Personalized Drawing Style: Guide students to explore and develop their personalized drawing styles on digital platforms.
6. Interactive Activities:
Student Showcase: The student showcase is an exciting moment in the course. We will encourage students to present their favorite cartoon/anime works or personal creations. This aims to foster communication and inspiration among classmates, cultivating students' expressive abilities and boosting their confidence.
7. Other Activities:
We encourage students to create their own personal cartoon/anime projects and are willing to provide technical guidance to help them gain a deeper understanding of the cartoon/anime field.
Additionally, to emphasize the importance of teamwork, we encourage students to form teams and collaboratively complete creative and challenging group projects. Through these activities, we hope students can continuously enhance their skills, discover potential, and cultivate excellent teamwork in collaborative efforts.
For more course details, please contact 626-558-7777.